New Report: Illegal Veterinary Medicines Impact and Effective Control
Illegal veterinary medicines are a US$1-2 billion annual market. These counterfeit, falsified and unregistered products harm animals and decrease food safety, while increasing the the risk of zoonotics and antimicrobial resistance.
This report is the first-ever global assessment of illegal veterinary medicines, which comprehensively:
- Defines illegal veterinary medicines,
- Outlines illegal veterinary medicines market size,
- Identifies risks to animals, veterinarians, people and businesses,
- Describes distribution chains, and
- Identifies recommendations for tackling the issue.