On 17 November 2016, HealthforAnimals, with the support of Organising committee partners and funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, co-hosted the 5th Global Animal Health Conference in New Delhi, India.
Politicians, senior animal health experts, industry, academia, inter-governmental bodies and international organisations came together to exchange views on the importance of good regulatory governance of veterinary medicines. Attendees discussed how sound governance and alignment to international standards promotes improved animal health that in turn contributes to socio-economic development.
Speakers focused on India and South Asia and the need for appropriate regulatory systems to enable the registration, market access and market control of quality assured animal health products, and the contribution this makes to the ‘One Health’ vision.
Prior to the conference, select attendees also participated in a multi-day workshop on improving collaboration and regulatory harmonization.
To learn more about the workshop or conference, download the below materials:
In addition, all conference and workshop presentations can be accessed below
Global Animal Health Conference Presentations
- Enabling the Business of Agriculture, Edna Massay Kallon, World Bank
- Challenges Faced by Animal Health Sector, Dr Suresh Honnappagol, Animal Husbandry Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture, India
- Optimising the Regulatory Framework, Melanie Leivers, head of Veterinary Regulatory & Organisational Support, European Medicines Agency
- Regulatory Convergence for Animal Health Products, Glen Gifford, Charge de Mission, World Organisation for Animal Health
- Brazilian Case Study, Barbara Cordeiro, Coordinator of Veterinary Products Inspection, Ministry of Agriculture , Brazil
- Case Study on Regional Harmonization Initiatives in Latin America, Enrique Argento, CAMEVET
- Animal Medicine in Thailand, Pinpong Intarapanich, Bureau of Drug Control, Thailand
- GMP and Market Control: control of Manufacturing Industry Perspective, Vipul Doshi, Global Quality and IRA Cadile Healthcare Limited
- GMP and Market Control, Anna O'Brien, Veterinary Medical Officer, US Food and Drug Administration
- Regulatory Status of Veterinary Medicinal Products (VMPs) - An Indian Perspective, S.N. Singh
- Summary and Conclusions of Global Animal Health Conference, Arun Atrey, President INFAH & Head of Global Animal Health Business, Cadila Helathcare
Global Animal Health Workshop Presentations: